[SCA-BMDL] possibly OT - List of potential sites?

muirgens at aol.com muirgens at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 14:21:46 EST 2007

Someone on the Highland Park neighborhood listserve recently asked for suggestions on affordable rented spaces for a birthday party.? He got a bunch of possibilities and made a list of them.? Given that we are often "challenged" to find event sites, I thougt I'd pass along the list for those of you who autocrat.? Many of them are (of course) in Highland Park/East Liberty so parking may be an issue.? On the plus side, these sites are more easily accessed by bus.?? I edited out some that probably aren't appropriate for our purposes (the zoo, a local restaurant, etc.) Anyway, here's the list.?

Morgen

Union Project (corner of Stanton and Negley)

Has kitchen

www.unionproject.org

?

Nuin Center (Bryant and Mellon)

Has kitchen

412-661-6108

?

St. Andrew's Church on Hampton (has kitchen space, reasonable rates)

?

Abyssinna Art Gallery on Penn Ave. near Babyland (has kitchen, large space, 2 baths, loft)

?

Outside the Highland Park area:

?

St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral (Dithridge St. in Oakland)

Has a large hall and a smaller hall (probably kitchen space as well)

412-682-3866 (ask for Janine)

?

Allegheny Unitarian Universalist Church on the northside

412-322-4261

?

St. Raphael School (not sure of its location)

Has kitchen and off-street parking

412-661-3100

?