[SCA-BMDL] CMU involvement

KaziBrionSCA KaziBrionSCA at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 8 18:22:36 EST 2007

Greetings!

As I recall, the only objection was the construction, combined with the
subsequent lack of parking.  It could be that somebody felt protective of
the newly sodded lawn.  If so, that lawn's been there for years now and I
think maybe we could give it a try again. It was a good location for many
reasons.  Regarding lawn quality, people played ultimate Frisbee across the
path from us, by the music hall.  That lawn took as much of a beating as our
part did.

Why did we ever leave CMU for 12th night, again?  I always liked that site a
lot more than the one at Pitt.

Attracting students:  the SCA has a "stuck-up and expensive" reputation
amongst the students who care to LARP or do similar things.  Once our
practice was cancelled so I got to hang out with a group playing "Dagger"
(Cloth and PVC weapons, no armor).  Their impression was that SCAdians are a
bunch of nuts who hurt one another and like it, involvement is prohibitively
expensive, and SCAdians treat new people poorly (the periodicity police).  I
don't know what to do about it, but at least we know what the impression
seems to be.

Kazi

  _____