[SCA-BMDL] Niche events or "Why is Purim so popular?"

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 14:50:49 EST 2007

You don't have to dress specifically for this event, any more than you do for any other event.  Some people may choose to do so, because it ups the fun quotient for them.  If it ups your stress quotient, don't do it.  You and your mom can be Chinese visitors to a shtetl during Purim and it will be just fine.  :-)

  FWIW, I am not making garb specially for this event, because my stress quotient is already high enough this week, too.

  Arianna

zhangmingli at comcast.net wrote:
      Do we have to dress a certain way for the event?  I didn't read anything about being dressed in a certain way.  I don't even know what Purim is, I figured it would give me a chance to learn something new, and it just sounded interesting.  I also wanted to go because it will give me a chance to do something, anything.  As long as it doesn't envolve me thinking about, well, anything.  Now I'm not sure about going because I don't have anything to wear.  And I was bringing my mom, and now she won't have anything to wear.  Maybe I'll just say we are Chinese Jews, or Jewish Chinese, or maybe we'll just stay home.

  Ming Li (the very, very stressed and tired)

Karen Kasper

"I told myself that acts of folly are the only things that one doesn't regret in life." - Jean-Paul Guyot

"I believe in the indomitable human spirit and the amazing capacity we have for understanding the world; for love, joy and happiness."  - Michael Shermer