[SCA-BMDL] First Friday Gaming and Scribal Feb. 2 at Arianna's

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 08:14:41 EST 2007

This Friday, February 2nd, from 7:30 to 10:00 will be our monthly gaming and scribal night.

  This month's scribal night theme will be "Come look at my books!"

  I recently acquired several new manuscript facsimile books, and of course I've been collecting scribal books for almost 30 years, so I have over 40 different titles to look at, including the complete Hours of Mary of Burgundy, the Visconti Hours, the Hours of Catherine of Cleves, and the Stammheim Missal as well as compilations with more obscure manuscripts of Italian, French, English, German, Spanish, eastern European, Jewish and even Aztec origin.  We'll walk through  manuscript facsimiles and calligraphy  & illumination instruction books, and discuss techniques used to recreate particular types of illumination and calligraphic hands. If you find a particular page you like and want to use for a scroll, I can even scan and print color copies for you (within reasonable limits, of course).

  RSVP appreciated but not required, directions provided upon request.

  Arianna
  (mka Karen Kasper)
  716 North Saint Clair Street
  Pittsburgh, PA
  412-361-6191

Karen Kasper

"I told myself that acts of folly are the only things that one doesn't regret in life." - Jean-Paul Guyot

"I believe in the indomitable human spirit and the amazing capacity we have for understanding the world; for love, joy and happiness."  - Michael Shermer