[SCA-BMDL] Yahoo! News Story - For sale: World's smallest country with sea view - Yahoo! News

Ruth Morrisson myfanwy at nauticom.net
Wed Jan 17 15:49:09 EST 2007

Greetings from Myfanwy!
This sounds like a fiction book I read when I was a kid -- NYC TV
writer buys an island in the St. Lawrence Seaway from some wily old
Indian guide who wants to retire, and the island turns out to be
neither in the US or Canada (by treaties with both sides) -- so he
declares himself king of his own country, to the embarrassment of his
teenage kids, and which causes a major international incident (very
1960s).  I don't remember the title, but the same family was in the
book _Why Not Join the Giraffes?_
It's also sort of reminding me of _The Mouse that Roared_ (great book,
terrible movie).