[SCA-BMDL] I have a job! Far away...

Broom iambroom at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 23:52:03 EST 2007

Sad but glad news. Tomorrow morning I will accept a job offer from Connecticut.

On the up-side, I'll get a substantial raise, generous relocation
benefits (including a "disturbance fee", a.k.a. cash in my pocket),
and good benefits. I'm moving close to a couple longtime friends in
the SCA (M'ss. Elizabeth Talbot & M. Adhemar, the local Baron), so
it's not like I'm moving to a desert island or something. And I
managed to negotiate a nice signing bonus, too.

On the down-side, Wilton apparently vies with Beverly Hills for the
Most Expensive Cost-Of-Living of any community in the US (JEEBUS!).
Oh, and there was another thing... oh yeah... I'd be leaving this
lovely kingdom, and all my dear friends here. Damn. Hate that.

Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

There's also the slim chance I'll be back in a few months. I recently
took my resume to a local optics company, and although they don't have
a position now, they liked my experience & skill set a lot. There's a
job opening up in 3 months there, for which they think I'm a good fit.
FWIW.

So, in conclusion: I'll miss yinz guyz, bunches. Course, there's
always Pennsic, and I'll try to be back for War Practice & Ice Dragon,
if possible. But still...

Aw, shucks.

' |   Broom      IAmBroom @ gmail . com
' |   cellphone:           412-389-1997
' |   30 Huston Rd,   Oakmont PA  15139
'\|/  "Discere et docere", which means:
'/|\  "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the
//|\\ strong." - Mohandas Gandhi