[SCA-BMDL] You are invited to the New Year's DAY Brunch

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 17:54:54 EST 2007

New Year's Day
at the home of Arianna of Wynthrope (Karen Kasper)
716 North St. Clair St. Pittsburgh, PA 15206
412-361-6191

Arianna's traditional New Year’s Day brunch begins at 12:00 noon on January 1st, 2008.  From noon to about 3:00 we’ll provide the usual large quantities of coffee, tea, milk, juice, made-to-order omelets, waffles, muffins and other nourishing food to replace the electrolytes everyone blew away with the previous night’s excesses. After 3:00 you’ll have to settle for leftovers, of which there are usually plenty.  Board games and friendly conversation guaranteed.  FYI for the allergic, we have 3 cats.  RSVP is appreciated but not essential, and as usual, transitive coolness applies. The party ends whenever we kick everyone out, no later than about 9:00 pm.

Directions: North Saint Clair runs parallel to and between Highland Ave and Negley Ave. We're right on the border between East Liberty and Highland Park in Pittsburgh .

(From everywhere except North)  Take your best route to East Liberty and get onto Negley Ave. heading north toward the zoo.  Go past Baum Blvd , Friendship Avenue , Penn Avenue and East Liberty Blvd. At the traffic light at Stanton and Negley, turn right (east) onto Stanton .  Go two blocks and turn right onto North St. Clair.  We are at #716, halfway up the block on the left, yellow house with amber, green & red trim.

(From the north via Rt. 28 to the Highland Park Bridge ) Take the right-hand ramp off the bridge (says Butler Street ).  After you get on Butler , immediately get into the left lane and turn left at the first traffic light onto The Hill Road.  Follow the Hill Road as it winds through the zoo.  At the stop sign near the top of the hill, make a hairpin right and continue straight at the top of the hill.  Take the next right onto Mellon Terrace, then left onto North Negley .  Follow North Negley through a stop sign to the first traffic light.  Turn left on Stanton Ave.  Go about 2 blocks and turn right onto North Saint Clair.

By bus from downtown or Oakland , take the 71A, 77D, 77F, or 77G via Negley or the 500 or 74B via Highland Ave. and get off at Stanton . Call if you need more detailed directions!

Karen Kasper