[SCA-BMDL] Baronial Elections

Ben Cogan donnghaile at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:49:01 EDT 2007

Greetings from Brandubh O'Donnghaile and Hilderun Hugelmann,

We have a small fleet of three long ships.  If you sign on now and this
season's raiding is good, then we'll be able to afford to buy the big new
ship.  Your participation this year guarantees you a cushy oar seat for next
year's raiding and 1/2 percent of the the spoils on future missions, so long
as you prove worthy of the task and return alive.

We would like the opportunity to serve the Barony-Marche of the Debatable
Lands as Baron and Baroness.  We hope that most of you already know us, but
for those who don't please allow us to give an overview of our experience in
the SCA thus far.  We have been active in the Barony-Marche of the Debatable
Lands since 1997.  Between the two of us, we have served in the official
capacities of Seneschale, Chatelaine, Herald, Exchequer, and Guildmaster at
College, Barony, Kingdom, and Interkingdom (Pennsic) Levels (but not all at
once, of course!).  Our areas of participation have included Dance, Music,
Choir, Brewing, Performance, I Genisii, Archery, Autocratting, Cooking,
Troll, Running Lists as Herald, Running Set Up and Clean Up Crews, Serving
Feasts, Retaining for Barony and Kingdom, Organizing Meetings, Pennsic
Construction Projects for Kingdom, Barony and Private Camps, Etc.  We also
enjoy traveling throughout the Kingdom and are known throughout the
Kingdom.  Also, we are fortunate enough to have an extensive support
structure both within the Society and outside of the Society (Hooray for
camp grandma, all 3 of them).

Taking on the office of Baron/ess is something to which we have given great
thought.  We have determined that the duties of the office are to represent
the populace of the Barony to the Crown of Aethelmearc, and in turn to
represent the Crown to the Populace of the Barony.  In other words the job
is to ensure that everyone within the barony is having a good time and that
our unique talents are well appreciated throughout the rest of the Kingdom.
This Barony has its own personality within the Society and our Kingdom. We
have great respect for its traditional culture and history, and yet we
recognize the need for change and revitalization as well.  We look forward
to fostering the growth of new members and established members alike.  In
addition, the subsidiary groups of the Barony, The Canton of Steltonwald and
the College of Cour d'Or, will have our full strength and support.  Above
all, whether elected or not, we will continue to uphold the fundamental
ideals of our Noble Society - Honor, Chivalry, Courtesy and Service.

In Service,
Brandubh and Hilda