[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Archery Practice site has been lost

Urho Waltterinen crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 10 18:02:10 EDT 2006

Unfortunately, we have lost the use of the Washington Boulevard site for Achery. It's been at least ten years there and an era is over.

The police came by this morning and told us that this was our last day.

He explained that technically we're not allowed to discharge any sort of weapons within city limits, but since we were well-behaved and cleaned up after ourselves, they looked the other way. With the construction of the path through the middle of the site, I would guess the possible exposure and liability was too much to ignore. He didn't say if someone had complained.

In the meantime...

Archers can make use of the Steltonwald practice site or possible Gwilym's.

If anybody knows of an outdoor site that might be a possibility, contact me or any of the officers so that we can investigate.

Therefore, until further notice, there will be no archery at the Washingon Boulevard site.

Urho Waltterinen
mka Eugene Siren
crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
(412) 247-4467

"If sack and sugar be a fault, God help the wicked."