[SCA-BMDL] Southern Regional Army and Support

Alonzio a1onzio at bellatlantic.net
Sat May 27 22:20:28 EDT 2006

Greetings Everyone,

	I wish to thank so many of you for all that you did for the AEthelmearc War
Practice.  The ideas put out there were great, the melees were fun.. even as
loop-sided as they were and the marshalling was solid.

	I wish to thank the Southern Regional fighters for exceeding my
expectations.  I had promised Their Majesties between 50 and 75 fighters on
the field for our region.  Our highest count was 82 fighters on the field,
fighting with the Southern Regional Army. This included combat archers and
ballista crews.  Thank you!
	We fought as the Southern Regional Army. We stood as two core units with
support from the combat archers and the Northern Regional Army.  Our gate
assault was good. Our gate defense was astounding, our maneuverability on
the field improved markedly, and our ability to reform in combat order
happened every time.
	The next events we will be attending as the Southern Regional Army will be
Defenders of Sherwood (June 3rd), Northern Oaken War Maneuvers in the Middle
Kingdom (June 10th), Their Majesties' Royal Challenge (June 24th) and War
College (July 8th).  All of these events will focus on the basics of how we
will fight each battle at Pennsic and what to expect from our opponent. The
Northern Oaken event will allow us a truly hands on opportunity to test
ourselves against the Middle Kingdom during their drills and practices.

	To the Chirurgeons and Water bearers I also wish to say Thank You.  We had
few injuries in the Southern Army but water is and was always clearly
needed.  Thank you for being there to assist all of us.

	To the Youth Fighters that stepped onto the field and fought, a hearty
thank you!  You do us proud and we look forward to you joining us on the
heavy field in the future.

	All of these good things happened because of your efforts and as the
Southern Regional Army Commander, I wish to say thank you yet again to
everyone for everything going so well.

	Sir Alonzio