[SCA-BMDL] New A&S Program/New A&S Position Created

Jennifer Strobel jstrobel at psc.edu
Tue Mar 28 10:16:19 EST 2006

The A&S Ministry of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands is looking
for a volunteer!  A new position is being created in the Ministry,
"Dean of Arts and Sciences", This person would be responsible for helping
coordinate these classes, and be the main point of contact for those
interested in teaching or attending.  This person would be an integral
part of the general structure of planning A&S activities within the
Barony.  Contact the A&S Minister at odriana at gmail.com if you are
interested in the position, or would like additional information.

New A&S Program to begin in April 2006

There will be a new A&S Program starting in April of 2006 on the first and
third Thursday of each month on the campus of Carnegie Mellon University
in Porter 100, where we usually have Barony Meeting.  This is an expansion
of the regular A&S Nights held on the third Tuesday of the month in the
North Hills, and some of the content will be similar.  For the month of
April, the following class has already been scheduled:

April 6 - A&S Overview - Odriana vander Brugghe
Come and talk about the cool classes that you took at Pennsic, or what
nifty project you have in the works.  This is the opportunity for us to
each talk a bit about what we're doing and what interests us in the Arts
and Sciences.  It is also an opportunity for those who are new to the SCA
to come and hear a bit about what is available in the realm of Arts and
Sciences.

April 20 - UFO Night (UnFinished Object)
Come and bring your unfinished projects, share some time and provide some
motivation by just being there.  If nothing else, Pennsic is always closer
than you think and an extra evening to work on your project is one less
evening in July you're up until midnight.  There will be drinks and
munchies to share, as well as company.

Thank you all for your time and participation, I hope to see you there
next week!

Odriana vander Brugghe

"Do not dismiss the dish saying that it is just, simply food. The blessed thing is an entire civilization in itself!"
- Abdulhak Sinasi