[SCA-BMDL] March 12th (Sewing Day for Fencers) - Forwarded Message

Philip Edward Lewis flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 9 14:20:42 EST 2006

Kira Alexander <tygerblade36 at yahoo.com> writes:
>Replied off list...
but of course, other folks now don't know why it isn't there.
;)

FWIW, I just approved another person who "subscribed" for that
information specifically.

There is no reason for it not to be placed there... the yahoogroups
was specifically made for file storage... and web access to messages,
although that is now superseded by the mailman copy at:

I never understood the purp of the "replied off list" was.
For a question asked on the list, post the answer to the list if it is
on topic.

For "In serach of"s, the only folks that should be posting to the list
are the searcher to say they've made contact, and the searchee to say
they've been contacted.

These are the only folks qualified to say if the question has been
addressed. Having someone else "call off the search" is rude in my
opinion. (I realize that in this case the kira was the source of
the file... I'm just making a generic fuss/rant... but then why post
to the list at all?)

--
May no harm befall you,
flip