[SCA-BMDL] Meadville regional practice & mini workshop

Tessa the Huntress tessathehuntress at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 5 09:44:50 EST 2006

Greetings!

I just recently realized that the regional fighter practice in Meadville is
on Saturday.  Which means I can go to it.  (yea!)..  I Talked to Dafydd and
he said there is some room available to work on projects.  I'm bringing some
projects to work on if anyone wants to help.  I'm going to try and get the
pennants out of the trailer, so we can work on finishing those up.  :)

I'm going to bring pennants and favors that need to be painted.  I'll also
bring paint and brushes (if you are used to really nice brushes, you may
want to bring your own, since I haven't had a chance to get new ones yet.
I'm also bringing the guard tabards that need edges sewn on them.. and
fabric already cut, to make into pouches (I would like to have enough of
these to give out to new people and perhaps some of our youth, at events).

If anyone wants to come help with any of this, your help will be welcome.
Or.. if you have some projects of your own that you are working on, bring it
and keep me company :)  So, If you have garb that you need to finish.. or
older garb that needs to be fixed, that's good, too.  If anyone wants to
work on garb for the kids from the Santa Claus project that would be
wonderful, too :)

I think this is a great chance to get a jump on Pennsic projects :)

I hope to see some of you there.

The practice/workshop is on Saturday the 14th, from 9 am to 5 pm.  I'm
likely not to get there until 10ish.. since I'm just not a morning person
(grin).  Here's the blurb that Dafydd sent out, in case anyone needs
directions.  :)

"Hi Folks,

Its that time of year again. We will be hosting our Regional Fight
Practice at the Meadville Area Senior High School.

As usual we will have heavy weapons, youth combat, and fencing if
participiation warrants it.

There are 2 classrooms available. I still have spots if someone would like
to teach a class.

In Service,

Lord Dafydd MacNab

Directions are as follows:

Take your best Route to the Meadville/Conneaut Lake Exit of I-79. Take the
exit towards Meadville. You will go through 3 lights and Hoss's Steak
house will be on your right.
You will go up over a bridge.
At other end of bridge, the highway will veer left and bypass the town.
There will also be a road veering off to the right. (Actually, it kind of
goes straight).
Take that road and immediately get in the left lane.
Taco Bell should be on the corner. This street is Park Ave.
Follow Park avenue until you get to North St. (Burger King is on the corner)
Turn Right.
Follow North St (and the SCA Signs) until you come to the High School (on
the right hand side)
Drive past the front drive for the high school and about 100 yards there
will be a maintenance road the you can follow around the back of the school.
There will be signs out back where you can dump off your armour at the
cafeteria and then remove your car to the front of the school where there
is a parking lot across the street."

Thanks,

Tessa, Princess of AEthelmearc