[SCA-AE] very OT ? for folks in PA

Heidi Wright koala at bright.net
Thu Jul 24 10:36:09 EDT 2008

Having had occasion to drive through I-90 in Pennsylvania several
times in the last few weeks, I have a quesion for those who live
there.

My family and I noticed a number of bright purple boxes hanging
from the trees at the roadside.  My initial thought is that these
might be "houses" for bats, to encourage them to eat insects in
the area.  All our travel was daytime, so I didn't see any bats
around them, but neither did I see birds or other fauna.

So my question is: what is the purpose of those purple boxes?  I
am sure that someone in wonderful AEthelmearc knows....

Thanks!

Clarissa