[SCA-AE] Pennsic Planners, made *better*

myfanwy at nauticom.net myfanwy at nauticom.net
Tue Jul 22 15:56:37 EDT 2008

Greetings from Myfanwy!
The planners are nice, but I prefer doing a spreadsheet for myself,
marking off blocks of time for each day (the revised one fits on 2
standard 81/2x11 sheets of paper, and is in color).  That way important
stuff (like court schedules and when I'm teaching) can be in red type,
Herald's point hours can be tinted green, 2 hour classes can have the
border between boxes removed, etc. One of the few times that I actually
like Word for Mac, since it is more control-able than AppleWorks
spreadsheets.
I guess I'm a more visually oriented person (and sort of OCD).  Also, they
fit into one of those clear document sleeves nicely.
The thing I don't like about the other planners is that they're too much
like checklists (and those who know me know I do *way* to much of that in
general).  :-)  8 or 9 point Geneva type also means that I can stick
several classes into one box and then decide which is the one for which
I'm more likely going to want to make time [time? what's that?  I've been
sucked into the vortex of the Point again.... :-) ]
Lady Myfanwy ferch Rhiannon
Ruth Morrisson
myfanwy at nauticom.net