[SCA-AE] Fall Crown Tournament

Alaxandair O'Conchobhair alaxandair at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:34:14 EDT 2008

Fall Crown Tournament
October 4th, 2008
Barony of Blackstone Mountain
Anstead, WV

Fall is upon AEthelmearc and the beauty of our Kingdom one again
shines bright as foliage radiates with vibrant colors of the seasons
change. Our southern lands are home to some of the most breath taking
and exotic sites our fair Kingdom offers with the seasons change

To celebrate the seasons change the Barony of Blackstone Mountain will
host this years Fall Crown Tournament the weekend of October 4th,
2008. The event site is Hawk's Nest State Park, Route 60, (no street
address), Ansted, WV 25812.  This is a dry site as per park
regulations.

We will greet the day's visitors at 9:00 AM with gracious hospitality
befitting the day. Visitors found wondering our lands after 10:00 PM
will be pressed into hard labor mining our black stones!

For a glorious day of combat and honor we levy the tax of $10. An all
day sideboard will be included for your pleasure, as well as an
evening sideboard sure to please even the weariest of combatants from
the day.  Please note that, as per Society policy, a $3 non-member
surcharge will be charged on top of all other fees for those gentles
age 18 and over who are not members of the SCA. Those between the ages
of 6 and 17 will be taxed $8. The Baron and Baroness have asked we not
tax those the age of 5 or under, as they hold a fondness in their
hearts.

Reservations may be sent to: Baroness Gwyneth Olafsdottir, Rici
Tegarden, PO Box 11548, Charleston, WV, 25339, 304-727-4427, and
rici.tegarden at verizon.net.  Reservations should be sent no later than
September 26th, 2008. Make checks payable to SCA, Inc. - Barony of
Blackstone Mountain.

The Head Cook is Lady Erzebet Fauconneau, Liz Orwig, 1935 Massey
Circle, South Charleston, WV, 25303, 304-746-1007, 304-389-8621, and
elady1 at suddenlink.net. Any special dietary accommodations should be
arranged with her no later than September 26th, 2008.

The Event Steward is THL Alaxandair O'Conchobhair, Christopher Conner,
1612 Bigley Ave, Charleston, WV, 25302, 304-932-1037, between 7PM –
10PM, and alaxandair at gmail.com.

Accommodations:

Hawks Nest Lodge, 177 West Main Street, Ansted, WV 25812 (1.6 miles
from site).  A price range from $64.80 - $80.10 plus tax per night,
and does not include the Deluxe Suite.  You must ask for the "SCA"
block to receive this discounted pricing.  Additional accommodations
are available in Summersville, WV (25 miles to the north of site) and
in Fayetteville, WV (16 miles to the south of site).

Directions:

>From the North: Take your best route to I-79 South.  Take Exit 57
to/for US-19 South toward Beckley, WV.  After approximately 44 miles,
take the US-60/Midland Trail Exit/Ramp to/for Gauley Bridge/Rainelle
and bear right onto US-60. Approximately 8 miles arrive at site.

>From the South: Take your best route to I-64 East.  Take Exit 96
to/for US-60/Midland Trail toward Belle, WV. Approximately 41 miles,
arrive at site.