[SCA-AE] Update on AE party and an FAQ

Lady Bryn Ni MacRose bryn at thescorre.org
Sat Jul 19 09:17:16 EDT 2008

Greetings until the populous of AEthelmearc,

Since my last post I have had some very kind gentles and one whole
shire contact me in reqards to my request for donations to the
AEthelmearc party. There have been others that have contacted me
directly and asked questions.

One such question that some have asked is what is still needed?

While another question that has come up is can I donate even if I do
not or can not(for what ever reason) cook?

Or the question of how much do I need to bring?

 Lastly there is the question - Why contact me and let me know you
are donating?

To that end here is some info that may help.

Right now I have two large donations of nuts (one spicy and one
sugared) as well as two  very large jars of olives, the rest of the
current list consists of period pickles,  a bag of shrimp, Oreo
truffles, ginger cookies, Guinness brownies, shortbread, and a fresh
fruit tray. Syrups for non- alcoholic drinks, and a cold lemon
ginger tea.  *The Wyntersett is donating $60.   *** I also have a
small list of people who have emailed me with donations yet to be
determined.

 That leaves lots possible stuff - from  more cookies, deviled eggs,
(period kind or modern), cheeses, summer sausage, cubes of ham,
peperoni, pretzels, marinated artichokes or a vegi tray are just
some ideas.

 Remember that while period or periodish is encouraged,  modern or
store bought is ok too!

Donate what you can/ are willing- no one needs to donate a lot if
many donate a little. A LB block of cheese for example or if it is a
fancy(read expensive cheese figure 1/2 - 1/4 LB.  A tray of cookies,
a jar of X.

I am only organizing the food and non alcoholic beverages. If you
have a question about alcohol please do contact Iain mac an Bhaird.

If you make something I ask that you either send me an ingredient
list or drop off a copy to post with your donation. If it is store
bought we can use the label for the ingredient list.

 If the donation comes in a container/ or serving tray you would
like back I ask that it is labeled on the bottom and on any lid. (I
have one small wicker basket that no one ever claimed & I have no
idea of the owner)

That Monday morning I will be shopping for those things that I need
to pick up  for the party so if you know what you are donating
before that time if you could give me a heads up that would Rock!
However, if you don't know yourself until that day I understand and
I am just happy you are willing to donate.

I will be setting up the tables and such for the party and getting
food out just before so I figure that donations can be dropped of on
Monday (Things that need to be kept cold I am asking to have dropped
off 7pm or later as I will not be camping in Royal and the
hospitality area can not keep stuff cold, nor will I be at war until
sometime that Sunday.)

What I am asking is that people send me their society name, the
Barony, canton, shire or household they are to which they are
attached (This is both so  a proper thank you can be made and so
that when people ask about X yummy bit I can tell them who made it
and where to find them if they want to go pick that person's brain
at some point)

 Please note that if someone does not know what they want/ can bring
but know they will be donating "Something"  an email
stating "Donation yet to be determined" is fine at this point but it
is helpful to know before that Monday as it will allow me to know
what I need to pick up on Monday when I run out for the last minute
stuff- be it more napkins, an extra block of cheese, more ice, what
ever...

The AE party is always the first Monday of War week.  All of the
populous of AEthelmearc are encouraged to come and enjoy the
donations made by the brewers of AE and the food donated by the
cooks/ aspiring cooks/ and generous population at large.  The party
runs from about 8pm until Midnight or so. (Last year we were
cleaning up and shooing the last stragglers out around 1-1:30 ish.- )

If you have a question and I have not answered it here PLEASE do
feel free to contact me! Again my contact info is-

Bryn AT Thescorre dot org

or

my cell is 585 704 5193

THANK YOU to all!