[SCA-AE] ANNOUNCE: Harvest Raid Oct. 10 - 12, 2008

Jennifer L. Bastian jbastian at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jul 15 20:42:54 EDT 2008

Announcements at aethelmearc.org for announcements only.
Replies and questions are sent to discussion at aethelmearc.org
or directly to the person making the announcement.
 Harvest Raid XV
Oct. 10 - 12, 2008
Shire of Heronter
Bemus Point, NY

        The good folk of Heronter invite everyone to join them October 10 -
12, 2008 for their 15th annual Harvest Raid! We are thrilled to host three
Royal Championships! -- Heavy Weapons, Archery, & Thrown Weapons.

        As is tradition, we are privileged to have access to the Lake
Chautauqua Lutheran Camp on Route 430 (no street address) in Bemus Point,
New York on beautiful Chautauqua Lake.

        The site will open at 5pm Friday afternoon and closes at noon on
Sunday. The site is very discretely damp and open flames are permitted
during feast. Cabins (with electricity) are available, but there is also
plenty of space for tents for those who prefer their privacy. Showers are
available in two bathhouses. The site is not fully handicap accessible, but
is fairly flat. No pets are allowed; service animals must be leashed.

        The event stewards are Mistress Dorinda Courtenay and Baroness
Margerite. All questions can be sent to either Baroness Margerite (Jennifer
Bastian, 36 Ellicott Street, Salamanca NY 14779, 716-945-8939,
eventsteward at heronter.org) or to Her Grace, (Dorinda Courtine-White 47
Chestnut St., Jamestown, NY 14701, 716-664-5487 before 10:00 p.m. or
fencing at heronter.org). All reservations should be sent to Mistress Dorinda
Courtenay.

        Please include the modern names of everyone for whom you are sending
a reservation. Please note if your child/babe in arms will require their own
seat at feast or their own bed in a cabin. If you require confirmation of
your reservation please include an email address or a self-addressed
envelope. All checks should be made payable to SCA Inc. - Shire of Heronter.
As always, the only good reservation is a paid reservation, and the
reservation deadline is September 30th 2008.

        As always, we will try our best to accommodate all cabin requests,
however we cannot make any guarantees.

        The head cook for Harvest Raid is Lord Ian Kennoven. Any dietary
accommodations can be communicated to him at harvestraidcook at heronter.org.
Please note that any special dietary accommodations should be arranged with
him no later than September 15, 2007.

        Merchants are always welcome, but renovations to the hall will
require all merchants to be outside, so please be prepared with your own
shade and furniture. There is no fee, but merchants are encouraged to
provide an item for our silent auction.

        Fees are as follows:
        Site Fee: 	$8.00 Adults
        Feast Fee: 	$7.00 Adults
        Cabin Fee (Cabins): 	$6.00 Adults (Weekend)
        Camping Fee (Tents): 	$1.00 Adults (Weekend)

        Thus, an adult wishing to eat the feast and stay in a cabin would
pay $21.00 for the weekend. Children (5-12) are half price, those under 5
are free (but please list them in your reservation should they require a bed
or a seat at feast so we may reserve one for them). Students, age 12-17,
will be discounted to half price for the day fee, but knowing how many of
them eat, we must ask the full adult feast price for those who wish to stay
for dinner.

        The site fee includes a sideboard lunch and the camping/cabin fees
include a light breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. A family cap will be set
at $63.00 (2 adults and their minor children).

        Please note that, as per Society policy, a $3 non-member surcharge
will be charged on top of all other fees for those gentles age 18 and over
who are not members of the SCA.
        Directions:

        From the West, South and East: Take your best route to I-86 (former
Route 17). Take Exit 10 (Westfield/Mayville) to get to Route 430 West. (From
the West it is marked only as Route 430 West. Do not take exit 9 to Bemus
Point). Follow the signs for Route 430 West towards Westfield and Mayville.
>From the exit, it will be several miles to the site (3 or 4 miles depending
on where you start counting). You will pass Long Point Park and Midway Park
before seeing the Lutheran Camp on your left. The camp is at the top of a
long hill next to a huge tree. The sign is difficult to spot, so we will try
to mark the spot well. The camp is across the road from a restaurant now
called "Kadan's Place".

        From the North: Take your best Route to I-90. Exit at the Westfield
exit (#60) and take Route 394 to Mayville. Pick up Route 430 East and follow
to the site. The site will be on your right and will be marked as above.