[SCA-AE] Attention Pirates: All are Welcome!

FRANK BENZ ef-fex.b at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 4 09:11:55 EDT 2008

Ahoy Sons and Daughters of the Sea!!!!!!!!!

A call goes out to every seafaring wench and buccaneer at heart to march and
be noticed in the 11th Annual "Pirate Festival & Parade" to be held on
July18-20, 2008 in the town of Olcott, New York.  Here's a chance for all
you fencers out there to show off your skills with a little swashbuckling
action while jugglers can astound the crowd with your hand precision down
the parade route.  Not a fencer or juggler you say?  Well not to worry,
pirate garbed persons are needed to march along side the 16 ft. float to
wave and distribute goodies to the crowd or sit aboard ifn' ye can't march.

Since this is a pirate festival, all parade attendees are asked to wear
pirate/wench looking garb to add to the festivities.  The float and parade
attendees must be in the staging area in Krull Park at the soccer field no
later than 11:00am on Saturday for check-in and route position.  I have been
told we are scheduled for an early spot on the route this year.  We will be
assembling at the Otterskeep Ranch located at 2411 Hosmer Road, in Barker,
New York 14008 no later than 10:30am to drive to the staging area or you can
drive to the Krull Park soccer fields and meet us.  Directions provided upon
request or just use map quest.

As years before, an "After-the-Parade-BBQ" is planned for all parade
attendees & friends back at the Ranch probably starting around 4pm,
depending on the length of the parade.    An R.S.V.P. is requested by July
14th whether you will just be in the parade or attending the party
afterwards by phone at:  716-633-9517 or via e-mail at
ef-fex.b at worldnet.att.net.  All are welcome to share this fun day!   The
property is spacious and as in past years, we have had delightful outbreaks
of fencing, HW, TW and archery as well as swimming in the pond, fishing and
lawn games.  So be sure to pack your gear accordingly. Camping space is
available for those wishing to stay the weekend.

The festival starts on Friday July 18th thru Sunday July 20th featuring
rides, food, merchants, live music, pirate troops & players and of course
the parade.  Hours are: Fri. 6pm to midnight, Sat. 12noon to midnight & Sun.
12noon to 8pm.  Live music all weekend at the Olcott Lions Pavilion in Krull
Park (schedule to be announced).  The Krull Olcott Development Committee
sponsors this event as an Olcott Fire Co. annual fundraiser. Join us and let
your inner pirate out! AAARRR!!!!!!

All are welcome and given quarter under the flag of fun.

The Fierce Captain Mudge