ANNOUNCE: FW: [Announcements] PRESIDENT'S REPORT OF THE JANUARY 2008 BOARD MEETING

Ireland-delfs, Orilee Orilee.Ireland-delfs at xerox.com
Thu Feb 7 12:02:58 EST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: announcements-bounces at lists.sca.org
[mailto:announcements-bounces at lists.sca.org] On Behalf Of Leslie
Luther-Fulton
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 10:33 AM
To: sca Announcements
Subject: [Announcements] PRESIDENT'S REPORT OF THE JANUARY 2008 BOARD
MEETING

PRESIDENT'S REPORT OF THE JANUARY 2008 BOARD MEETING

Greetings:

This is the President's report of the actions taken at the SCA Inc.'s
most recent Board of Directors meeting, held January 26, 2008 in Tampa,
Florida, in the Kingdom of Trimaris. This material may be freely
distributed,
and those receiving it are strongly encouraged to share this information
with the general membership. Permission is hereby granted to reprint all
or part of this report in Kingdom, Principality, and local newsletters.
It is requested that the source of the information be identified as
"from the President's Report of the January, 2008 Board meeting" and
that, as far as possible, exact quotes be used. Please note that this
report is NOT the official Minutes of the Board meeting. In case of any
discrepancy between this document and the approved Minutes, the Minutes
are binding. Any inaccuracies in reporting contained herein are my own.

Subscriptions to the Board Minutes are available from the SCA Inc. A
subscription includes this report in addition to the Minutes approved at
the meeting. Past approved Minutes are also available on the SCA
web site (http://www.sca.org/).

The next Board of Directors meeting will be held on April 19, 2008, in
Dallas, Texas, in the Kingdom of Ansteorra. The deadline for submission
of agenda items is April 1, 2008. Please send hardcopies of any
agenda items to Renee Signorotti at the SCA, Inc. corporate office by
that date.

Respectfully submitted,

Patrick Anderson
President, SCA Inc.

BRANCH STATUS CHANGE

The Board took note of one new branches, the Shire of Dreibrucken
(Bismarck, ND, USA). The Board took note that the Shire of Ravensweir
(Quesnel and William's Lake, BC, Canada), the Shire of Crannog Mor
(Allegheny, Ashe, Avery, Mitchell and Watauga Counties, NC, USA) and the
Canton of Fasach Mor (Sterling Heights, MI,
USA) have been dissolved

NEW BUSINESS

Society Webminister's Handbook

By consensus, Chairman Simon ordered this item returned to the Society
Webminister for further work.

REPORTS

President-Patrick Anderson (Gabriel andvaka Kjotvason)

Requests for Board action:

I was asked by the Kingdom Seneschal of Drachenwald if the Board would
permit translations to be made of various Kingdom documents of
Drachenwald, most notably the Kingdom laws, into several different
languages, she also asked if the Board would agree to have Corpora
translated into these same languages.  The issue of translating Corpora
is one that I think the Board should consider carefully. Having said
that, I do not see any
difficulties with permitting a Kingdom to translate its internal
documents into various languages other than English. However, in order
to do this, there needs to be a clause in Corpora stating which document
has primacy in case of conflict between an English language version and
a translation.  Therefore I propose that the Board put the following
change to Corpora out for comment with the hope of approving this at the
June, 2008 Board Meeting: The following language would be added to the
end of Corpora I.A. and in the Corporate Policies:

The approved English language version of any SCA document is the
official version. In case of conflict between the English language
version and a translation into another language, the English language
version governs.

By consensus, Chairman Simon ordered this item be put out for comment.
Commentary is to be due by
April 1, 2008.

Commendations:

This quarter has been spent working out the implementation of the new
background check policies. I would like to thank George Reed and Renee
Signorotti for their help in getting that together. I would also like to
thank all the Kingdom Seneschals for their help in implementing this
process.

Publishable summary:

The SCA, Inc. continues to defend the lawsuit in Pennsylvania. Other
than that, the SCA continues to operate smoothly. We will be
implementing the background check policy for youth officers this coming
quarter.  I look forward to discussing this with the Board at the
quarterly meeting.

Vice President of Operations (Society Seneschal) - George Reed (Aaron
faheud Swiftrunner of the Stone Keep)

Requests for Board action:

1.         I received a matter from Atenveldt regarding a recent Crown
and Membership, the details of which are covered in executive Session.
In that investigation I have recommended that Joel McRay (Morgan
Claymore) be granted the County due to mitigating circumstances and an
excellent reign.  Please grant this recommendation.

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to uphold the Society Seneschal's ruling
that the reign of Sir Morgan Claymore
(Joel McRay) of Atenveldt ended at 12:01 am on November 1, 2007.
Seconded by Aaron Lloyd.  In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans,
Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed:
None. Motion carried.

Motion by Aaron Lloyd to uphold the Society Seneschal's ruling that the
reign of Livia Alexandra Severa of
Atenveldt (Kimberlee McAdams) continued without hindrance and the
subsequent awards and Royal actions were valid. Seconded by Shawn Reed.
In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee
Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Motion carried.

Motion by Shawn Reed  to grant the a variance of Corpora C. 4, s.
1.C.a.10 as requested by the Society
Seneschal that the County  as bestowed on Sir Morgan Claymore (Joel
McRay) by TRM of Atenveldt Eduard and Asa on November 3, 2007 allowed to
stand. Seconded Erik Langhans.  In favor: Heather English, Erik
Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood.
Opposed: None. Motion carried.

2.         As one additional thing to comment upon this quarter, I have
reflected of late that much time has passed since the beginning of my
service to the Society in this position.  None of the Directors or
Corporate Officers (save St. Renee) remain from the days when I began.
Indeed, when my current warrant expires, I note that I will have passed
(barely) Sir Hilary of Serendip's duration of service as the chief
operations officer for the SCA.  I have also reflected that there are
many individuals, situations, and challenges out in the world(s) Known
and Modern, about which I cannot take a personal stand nor have a public
opinion due to my position.  I have come to believe in the long term I
can best serve these worlds out where I can take a stand and have an
opinion.

Therefore, Mr. Chairman, I will quote a famous man from your home state
of Texas, when I make the following
announcement: At the end of my current term, "I will not seek, nor will
I accept the nomination.." of the Board of Directors or my fellow
Officers for a continuation of service as Society Seneschal and Vice
President of Operations of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.
As this position is a needful post and critical to the
smooth operations of the Kingdoms and the Board, I would recommend that
the Chairman and the President work with me to appropriately seek, find,
train, and invest the best possible candidate before the conclusion of
my current term of service.  It has been a personal privilege to serve
in this post and for so long, but the time approaches to pass on the
torch to another worthy soul.

By consensus, Chairman Simon directed the President and the Society
Seneschal to develop an appropriate announcement.

The Board of Directors commended Mr. Reed for the outstanding job he has
done during his tenure as Society Seneschal, and thank him profusely for
his time and service.

Policy interpretations:

1.         A gentleman from Pahrump Nevada wrote to  ask for
clarification my previous ruling on the status of
the county near Las Nevada, in which he and several participants reside,
In summary, my prior ruling was Pahrump, Nevada lies within the
boundaries of the Barony of Starkafn in the Kingdom of Caid. After years
of
trying to work with the participants there, Caid has elected to not form
a new branch in that vicinity. I upheld this ruling and formalized it.

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to uphold the Society Seneschal's policy
interpretation that it is in the Kingdom's purview to decline the
creation of a group within their boundaries. Seconded by Heather
English.  In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee
Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Motion carried.

2.         SCA Waiver policy does not require duplicate waivers.
Duplicate waivers will not be required of members in good standing of
the SCA, Inc.

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to uphold the Society Seneschal's ruling
that duplicate waivers will not be
required of members in good standing of the SCA, Inc. effective
immediately.  Seconded by Aaron Lloyd.  In favor:  None. Opposed:
Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed,
Gabrielle Underwood. Motion fails

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to uphold the Society Seneschal's policy
interpretation that duplicate waivers
will not be required of members in good standing as evidenced by a
membership card demonstrating a valid waiver on file with the SCA, Inc.
effective immediately.  Seconded by Shawn Reed.  In favor: Heather
English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed,
Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Motion carried.

New Policies:

The Background Checks are beginning implementation.

Motion by Marilee Lloyd to uphold the Society Seneschal's implementation
of Background Checks in the United States effective immediately.
Seconded by Aaron Lloyd. In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron
Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None.
Motion carried.

Commendations:

Mistress Katrei, Society Chirurgeon, for her excellent performance in
getting the office in order.  Master Brand deux-Leons of An Tir - using
the good name and works of the SCA to aid in fundraising for the
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS).  Mistress Aldgytha of Ashwood for her
exceptional work as Caid's Disaster Relief Coordinator. She was able to
calm people and stop the many rumors that flew about like the ash. She
made sure people were kept aware of evacuations in other communities and
was able to find assistance when and where it was needed.  Mistress
Eilidh na Tire Dharigh, retiring Seneschal of Caid. The good Mistress
has chosen a fine successor, but he will be working long days throughout
his term to even consider the daunting prospect of filler her shoes.
Eilidh has the sound-reasoning, calm demeanor, and terrifying Mom-voice
to be one of the finest Kingdom Seneschals I have worked with. As such,
she is the winner of the Imperium's 2007 "Make It Don't" award.

Publishable Summary:

It was/ is the best of times and the worst of times, but we all have
chances to pitch in and help folks when times are hard. Many thanks out
to those who pitched in during the Wildfire disaster in Caid, as well as
the ice storms in Ansteorra. Please continue to route your boundless and
enthusiastic aid through the kingdom relief deputies in order to make
sure the right help gets to the right people and the right time. Happy
New Year!

Vice President of Corporate Operations-Renee Signorotti

Publishable Summary:

The Corporate Office has successfully closed the books on 2007, and we
are gearing up for 2008.  We are ready to begin the background check
process on February 15, 2008 as planned.  All results will be treated
with absolute confidentiality.

Tournaments Illuminated - Dori Andrepont (Doria Tecla)

Commendations:

Staff members Michael Harvey, R.G.L MacGregor, Dan Berger, and Karen
Harris are thanked for their ongoing efforts and unflagging dedication
to Tournaments Illuminated deadlines and content. While Susan
Carroll-Clark
had to vacate the new office of Review Panel Coordinator, she did get
the ball rolling, and as a result, Marcus Antaya, Ted Eisenstein. Lindsy
Ann Fish, Ariane Melon, Charla Ann Henney. JK Holloway, Daniel
Kretchmar, Garfield Matson, Ellen Rawson, Melanie Schuessler, Helen
Schultz, Louis Smithson, Karen Sullivan, and Leslie Vaughn put their
efforts in reviewing, articles for issue 165.  Additional thanks go to
Erik Langhans for his immediate contact and work for 77, as well as
Renee Signorotti for her ongoing efforts.

Publishable summary:

Tournaments Illuminated is now in production of issue 166, second
quarter, 2008, and staff is working toward an established routine
integrating the review panel, authors, artists and photographers.  The
goals for
2008 include revising the review Panel Coordinator to a separate
office-holder, introducing and Advertising Executive position, and
adding additional Kingdom Liaisons to the Tournament Illuminated staff.

Compleat Anachronist - - Rae L. Hadley (Towen ferch Grufudd Aur)

Publishable summary:

Issue #136 is in the final stages of preparation and is expected to be
delivered to the printer by the end of January. Issue #137 is in the
initial editing stage.

Interim Treasurer - Mazelle Attiya (Maitresse Alysia Gabrielle de
Fougeres)

Requests for Board Action:

Approve the 2008 Budget.

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to approve the 2008 Budget as amended.
Seconded by Heather English.  In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans,
Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed:
None. Motion carried.

Note by Interim Treasurer:  Bottom line for the 2008 Budget:  $ 459.76.

Commendations:

I'd like to thank all my kingdom exchequers for bearing with me while I
tackle both positions of Society Exchequer and Corporate Treasurer.

Publishable summary:

The 2008 Operating Budget has been submitted.   I'd like to thank all my
kingdom exchequers for bearing with me while I tackle both positions of
Society Exchequer and Corporate Treasurer.  The announcement
for applications for a new Treasurer will be going out soon.

The Directors thanked Ms. Attiya for stepping in to handle this position
at the last minute, and for the time-extensive work expended by her, as
well as Ms. Signorotti and Mr. Anderson, so the budget would be ready
for this meeting.

Society Exchequer - Mazelle Attiya (Maitresse Alysia Gabrielle de
Fougeres)

Publishable summary:

Kingdom Exchequers are continuing to report on time. The 2007 Workbooks
have been sent out to everyone for consolidating each kingdom's
financial information for preparation of the 2007 IRS Form 990.

Investment Committee - Abel Sussman (Abel Brem of Regensfolke)

Publishable summary:

The SCA Investment Portfolio fell in the fourth quarter of 2007 with the
value of its fund decreasing 2.53%; most of this is attributed to the
market tribulation over the summer and fall. In comparison with the S&P
500 (which decreased by 3.14% for the quarter) we have done above market
performance. Our holdings have grown over 4.88% since last year,
outperforming the market (which grew by 4.73% for the year).

Society Chronicler - Tim White (Otto von Schwyz)

New policies:

Request for the following policy to be changed: Section D. Part 2.
Internet Sites c. Publication Permission for Personal Information in the
Chronicler's Handbook.

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to approve the change to Section D. Part
2. Internet Sites c. Publication Permission for Personal Information in
the Chronicler's Handbook, as amended, effective immediately.  Seconded
by: Erik Langhans.  In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron
Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None.
Motion carried.

The amended language is as follows:

c.         Publication Permission for Personal Information

Personal information will not be published on any SCA-recognized
Internet site without first gaining permission from the individuals
involved. The single exception for the use of the correlation of modern
name to society name would be in the reporting of corporate documents,
such as the board minutes.  Permission must be received in writing -
email is acceptable. For the purposes of this policy, personal
information includes the following- Permission to electronically publish
the contact information of an individual is in effect until the same
individual revokes permission.

Correlation of modern name to Society name
Home or work address
Phone numbers
Personal email address

It is permissible to list just a person's Society name in connection
with any office they hold without permission, i.e. - Group Seneschal,
Lord Robert the Volunteer", as well as "role" email addresses such as
chronicler at sca.org.

Publishable summary:

The Society Chronicler reported that all newsletters are running
smoothly.

Laurel Sovereign of Arms - Lisa Mohr (Elisabeth de Rossignol)

Commendations:

Margaret Pelican, Jeanne Marie Wreath, Shauna Ragged Staff, Juliana
Palimpsest, Mari Rowel and Istvan Blue Tyger

Publishable summary:

Applications for the Laurel, Wreath and Pelican Sovereign of Arms
positions are due by March 1, 2008.

Marshal - Kevin Roderick (Hrothgar Monomakh)

Policy Interpretations:

Ordering an Equestrian Insurance Certificate is mandatory for parades
and demos where horses and riders are representing the SCA. (This was
left out of the new Equestrian Handbook and will be posted on the
SCA.org Equestrian Marshal's page.) When ordering the Insurance
Certificate, use the name and address of the sponsor of the parade or
demo.

Motion by Shawn Reed to uphold the policy interpretation by the Society
Marshal that Equestrian Insurance
Certificate is mandatory for any activities or SCA functions where
equines and riders are representing the SCA effective immediately.
Seconded by Aaron Lloyd.  In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans,
Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed:
None. Motion carried.

Commendations:

I would like to commend Master Quinn Phelan who stepped down this
quarter as both my and my predecessor's
deputy for Siege Combat, and thank him for his many years of excellent
and dedicated service to the marshalate.

Publishable summary:

This quarter is been generally slower for all combat related activities
due to the time of year, but there was still a significant amount of
activity in most disciplines.  During this quarter, as noted above,
Master Jean Paul has replaced Master Quinn as deputy for siege. Master
Aedan, my deputy for rapier, will be stepping down shortly after several
years of excellent service to the marshal ate. There are currently seven
excellent applicants who are being interviewed for the position. Both
Atenveldt and the Outlands had a turnover of Earl Marshals this quarter,
and next quarter 3-4 others will have new EMs as well. Overall combat
related activity has continued this quarter in all Kingdoms with few
problems reported.

Minister of Arts and Sciences - Tim Jennings (Garraed Galbraith)

Commendations:

His Excellency, Master Steffan yr ysgolhaig for an excellent report!!

Publishable Summary:

I have heard from all of my officers and many of them had big reporting
issues this quarter. I will be pushing the idea that you either report
of you don't get to have the spiffy title. A&S is not generally a
required office at the local level and the higher level officers should
know better. I continue to advocate that our reports (A&S) make up the
'program' of the SCA and that such reports and programs are the basis of
our non-profit status. If this is in any way incorrect in the opinion of
the BoD, please let me know.

Society Chirurgeon - Marcia Schlemm (Katrei Grunenberg)

Commendations:

Morgan has stepped down as the first Kingdom Chirurgeon in Gleann
Abhann. Morgan always brings a certain style and he will be missed.

Publishable summary:

It was a quiet quarter in the Chirurgeonate.

Grand Council - James Sena (Brendan ap Llewelyn) - Chairman, Everett S.
Wallace, Jr. (Kevin Eriol) - Secretary

Requests for Board Action:

Approve the changes to the Charter of the Grand Council.

Motion by Aaron Lloyd to approve the changes to the Charter of the Grand
Council as presented, effective immediately.  Seconded by Shawn Reed.
In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd,
Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Motion carried.

Publishable summary:

The Grand Council examined a number of topics during the fourth quarter
of 2007, and also underwent procedural changes to be implemented as of
January 1, 2008.  Topics discussed include:

a.         The need for formal risk assessment and risk management
procedures as part of the Corporation's long and short-term planning
activities. This included specific discussions of risks and rewards of
youth
activities, and personal consumption of alcohol at SCA events.

b.         Potential concerns when holding SCA-related activities at
one's home, or using personal equipment and
materials, including the rights of personal property owners to restrict
access to said property.

c.         The role and importance of Kingdom Representatives to the
Council Selection criteria for at-large members of the Council

The Grand Council list will continue to be accessible for anyone to
read. However, by direction of the Board of Directors, posting
privileges will be restricted to Council members only as of January 1,
2008. Non-members of the Council may submit potential on-topic
contributions to a List Moderator, or discuss their concerns with a
current Council member. The Council is currently making adjustments to
its procedures to comply with this directive.

Legal Committee - David R. Knudson (Tamlin Lochmaben)

Publishable summary:

In the 4th Quarter of 2007, the Legal Committee revisited and discussed
several issues pertaining to the ownership and moderation of
Corporation-owned and/or controlled e-lists. The Committee firmly
believes the Corporation has the right to censor posts on
corporation-owned e-lists simply by a moderator's discretion
of whether the post has a negative effect on the ability of the
Corporation to carry on its normal communications with its branches,
officers, and directors. Such a determination should not take into
account any personal characteristics of the poster but rather, should be
a discretionary measure of the potential
effects of a post to harm the flow of corporate communications.

It is inherent in the powers of the moderator to prevent harmful
circumstances such as flame wars, vitriolic provocations and legal
entanglements involving libel and defamation by posters up to and
including banning a person from the e-list who cannot abide by the
forum's rules or the moderator's directions for posts.

EXECUTIVE SESSION

T.I. Editor Extension

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to extend the appointment of Dori
Andrepont (Doria Tecla) as Tournaments Illuminated Editor, for two
years, effective January 25, 2008.  Seconded by Marilee Lloyd.  In
favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn
Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed:  None. Motion carried.

T.I. Art Director Extension

By consensus, Chairman Simon ordered that this item falls under the
purview of the Tournaments Illuminated Editor.

Travis Johnson (Travis of Draca Mor) Absolute Banishment

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to uphold the absolute banishment of
Travis Johnson ( Travis of Draca Mor) imposed by Gareth and Sorchia,
King and Queen of Artemisia, on October 13, 2007, and to direct the
Society Seneschal to begin an investigation into a possible revocation
and denial of membership. Seconded by Aaron Lloyd.  In favor: Heather
English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed,
Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Chairman Simon exercised his option
to vote and did so in favor of the motion.  Motion carried.

Erin Clyde Bullman (Bullman of Crystal Crags) Absolute Banishment

Motion by Marilee Lloyd to uphold the absolute banishment of Erin Clyde
Bullman (Bullman of Crystal Crags ) imposed by Ralph and Kassandra, King
and Queen of Artemisia, on September 12, 2007, and to direct the Society
Seneschal to begin an investigation into a possible revocation and
denial of membership.  Seconded by Heather English.  In favor: Heather
English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed,
Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Chairman Simon exercised his option
to vote and did so in favor of the motion.  Motion carried.

Rebecka Conner (Rebecca of La Grande Tente) Absolute Banishment

Motion by Heather English to uphold the absolute banishment of Rebecka
Conner (Rebecca of La Grande Tente) imposed by Angelo and Jane, King and
Queen of Calontir, on December 8, 2007, and to direct the Society
Seneschal to begin an investigation into a possible revocation and
denial of membership.  Seconded by Aaron Lloyd.  In favor: Heather
English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed,
Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Motion carried.

Greg Prevost (Janos of Cyddlain Downs) R &D Appeal

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to amend the permanent revocation and
denial of membership imposed on Greg Prevost (Janos of Cyddlain Downs)
on October 20, 2007, to be a temporary revocation and denial of
membership, to terminate on January 26, 2010.  Seconded by Aaron Lloyd.
In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd,
Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Motion carried.

Motion by Aaron Lloyd to deny the appeal of Greg Prevost (Janos of
Cyddlain Downs ) to reinstate all the SCA ranks, titles, honors, awards
and commendations and the privileges thereof.  Seconded by Heather
English.  In
favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn
Reed, Gabrielle Underwood.

George Comstock Administrative Sanction

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to uphold the administrative sanction of
George Comstock (AElfgeorn), imposed by the Society Exchequer on
December 13, 2007, and to further direct that Mr. Comstock be banned
from holding any offices, administrative or otherwise.  Seconded Aaron
Lloyd.  In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee
Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Motion carried.

Society Marshal Sanction of Robert Vence (Drogo Fitz William)

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to uphold the Administrative Sanction of
Robert Vence (Drogo Fitz William) imposed by the Society Marshal on
December 8, 2007 that he be barred from holding any administrative
position within the marshalate, beyond that of an authorized marshal,
indefinitely. Seconded Aaron Lloyd.
In favor: Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd,
Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood.  Opposed: None. Motion carried.

Joel McRay (Morgan Claymore) Sanction

Motion by Aaron Lloyd, in response to the Society Seneschal's report,
that Joel McRay, Sir Morgan Claymore is banned from participation in
Royal Lists within the SCA for a period of 2 years beginning November 1,
2007.  Seconded by Marilee Lloyd.  In favor: Heather English, Erik
Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood.
Opposed: None. Motion carried.

Timothy Bruce Long Absolute Banishment

Director Marilee Lloyd recused herself from this discussion.

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to uphold the absolute banishment of
Timothy Bruce Long imposed by Palymar and Aislinn, King and Queen of The
Middle Kingdom, on January 5, 2008, and to direct the Society Seneschal
to begin an investigation into a possible revocation and denial of
membership. Seconded by Heather English.  In favor: Heather English,
Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Shawn Reed, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed:
None. Chairman Simon exercised his option to vote and did so in favor of
the motion.  Motion carried.

Affiliate Variance Recognition / Kye Tanson Revocation and Denial

The Board acknowledged the banishment and revocation and denial of the
membership of Kye Tanson from the
Society for Creative Anachronism of South Australia as advised by their
governing committee pursuant to the affiliation agreement with the SCA
Inc.

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood, to revoke and deny the membership of Kye
Tanson effective January 26, 2008.  Seconded by Aaron Lloyd.  In favor:
Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed,
Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Motion carried.

Board Member Selection

Motion by Gabrielle Underwood to appoint Mitchell A Steck to seat F on
the Board of Directors effective at the
conclusion of the April 2008 quarterly meeting and subject to the
standard probationary period. Seconded by Heather English. In favor:
Heather English, Erik Langhans, Aaron Lloyd, Marilee Lloyd, Shawn Reed,
Hal Simon, Gabrielle Underwood. Opposed: None. Motion carried.

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail(r)-get
your "fix".
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
SCA Inc.
Box 360789
Milpitas,  CA 95036

You may also email comments at lists.sca.org.

This announcement is an official informational release by the Society
for Creative Anachronism , Inc.  Permission is granted to reproduce this
announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic
mailing lists.