ICC Profiles in Aperio/Leica SVS

Derek Magee D.R.Magee at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jun 16 11:55:21 EDT 2020

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with ICC Profiles in Aperio/Leica SVS files? In particular which TIFF tag are they stored? I see there are various open libraries for dealing with them. I'm assuming it is simply a matter of extracting the profile from the TIFF, and processing the (RGB?) values?

BTW: My interest is some (a very small number of images) slides look very different in imagescope vs openslide based programs. I'm assuming this is ICC related (not a bug in the openslide colourspace conversion).

Thanks in advance

Derek