OpenSlide in Linux-based Docker container running .Net Core

Gerry Suggitt grsuggitt at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 14:44:51 EDT 2020

I need to use OpenSlide in a Linux-based Docker Container.
I have developed the application on Windows targeting .Net Core and it works when I launch it on my Windows machine.

I have created the Docker Container but when I try to load the Windows x64 DLLs fromOpenSlide I get a "Bad IL format" error.

I thought I could install the Debian version as I create the container but the command:
RUN apt-get install openslide-tools
gets the error:
Unable to locate package openslide-tools
The command '/bin/sh -c apt-get install openslide-tools' returned a non-zero code: 100

I am a n00b so please forgive me.