SVS File Whole Slide Image Tiling

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 15:14:09 EST 2019

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 at 18:08, Sied Kebir <skycrazer at gmail.com> wrote:
> A) Of the image tiles I got, many do not have any informative data, e.g. showing the background for example. How can I remove those?

You don't need a fancy tissue detector for slides. I would just take
the histogram of each area and see if you have more than a few % of
non-white pixels.

As Mark says, start with the low-res levels and refine.

> B) Some tiles are out of focus, is there a way to remove them as well?

I've always just found the histogram and calculated the entropy. It's
easy to make a nice, normalized 0 - 100 number, and its very robust.
Again, you don't need anything fancy for slides.

John