Problem with OpenSlide Python

Francesco Daneluzzi fdane at live.it
Mon Nov 6 07:08:04 EST 2017

Hi!
Hope I am on the right section. However I have a problem with a function on openslide-python 1.1.1 on Windows 10 64 bit, Anaconda Python 3.5. I write below the error that I am getting:

File "C:/Users/Francesco/PycharmProjects/tesi/Training/coorGenerator.py", line 22, in _GetPatch
    tile = np.array(TIFFImg.read_region((start_w, start_h), workingLevel, windowShape))
  File "C:\Users\Francesco\Anaconda3\envs\py35\lib\site-packages\openslide\__init__.py", line 223, in read_region
    level, size[0], size[1])
  File "C:\Users\Francesco\Anaconda3\envs\py35\lib\site-packages\openslide\lowlevel.py", line 260, in read_region
    buf = (w * h * float(c_uint32))()
TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a number, not '_ctypes.PyCSimpleType'

The fact is that, in the last row, w and h are float (I printed them for debugging), but c_uint32 is not and I am getting that error. What should I do about it? Every system PATH is set and every library in my file is correctly loaded.

Kind regards,
Francesco