Open slide Install

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Jun 9 02:34:23 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 11:29:20AM -0700, Kuldeep Chawla wrote:
> i couldn't find any documentation for installing and configuring
> Open-Slide.  I will really appreciate if you can direct us or share us
> Open Slide documentation.

Hi Kuldeep,

To install OpenSlide, see <http://openslide.org/download/#windows-binaries>
for Windows and <http://openslide.org/download/#distribution-packages> for
other systems.  If you want to build OpenSlide from source, see
<https://github.com/openslide/openslide/blob/master/README.txt>, though you
typically shouldn't need to do that.

API documentation for the C library and its Python bindings is linked from
the front page of the website.  Java bindings are also available.  MATLAB
bindings are at <https://github.com/fordanic/openslide-matlab>.
Alternatively, you may find it more convenient to use OpenSlide via the VIPS
image-processing library <https://jcupitt.github.io/libvips/> and/or its GUI
nip2.  QuPath <https://qupath.github.io/> may also be of interest, though I
haven't tried it.