Relation between mpp-{x,y} and {X,Y}Resolution

kyuhyoung choi kyuhyoung at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:08:27 EDT 2017

I have many WSIs from 7 different sources (medical centers)
I want to scale the level 0 images of them to a standard resolution (given
by me).
So I thinking about using mpp-{x, y} to do that.
However, for some of the slides, I can not access mpp-{x, y} properties
when I open them with openslide.
Instead I found I can get the properties of {X, Y}Resolution and
ResolutionUnit.
Is there any equation between {X, Y}Resolution and mpp-{x,y} ?
If not, how can I scale all the slides to the same resolution?