DICOM format

Derek Magee D.R.Magee at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Nov 26 04:06:31 EST 2016

Hi Martin,

There is a DICOM standard for digital pathology (Supplement 145) yes, and it should be standard between vendors. Some info:

https://www.sectra.com/medical/pathology/resources/articles/dicom_standard_for_digital_pathology.html

Not all vendors are supporting this, and some only as an optional export format (I get the impression the vendors don't like it much, but are being forced down this route by circumstance*  anyway, but I may be wrong). There is even basic Openslide implementation, although I'm not sure it's been merged into the main openslide yet (google for discussions on this subject).

HTH

Derek

* Clinical adoption in the Netherlands I think will go this route to maintain vendor neutrality