New OpenSlide Windows build with OpenJPEG 2.1.1

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 25 02:40:04 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 02:19:13PM +0000, Lopresti, Edmund via openslide-users wrote:
> Are there any changes in the new Windows build aside from incorporating
> OpenJPEG 2.1.1?

Hi Ed,

Yes, there are.  (I usually don't announce the minor changes, though in this
case I should perhaps have been more careful.)

- 32-bit OpenJPEG is now built with SSE support (since the bug preventing
  that has been fixed).
- libpng and gdk-pixbuf had patchlevel version bumps.
- The build machine was updated from Fedora 23 to 24 -- so GCC 6.1.0 instead
  of 5.2.0, plus a newer MinGW-w64 C runtime and headers.

Here's the diff:

    https://github.com/openslide/openslide-winbuild/compare/v20160612...v20160717