OME-TIFF

Derek Magee D.R.Magee at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jan 13 10:45:44 EST 2016

Well, my personal view is no. But don’t take that as a legal advice! .svs Is just tiff really with a 3 level pyramid, a thumbnail and some optional other optional directories in a particular order. There’s a couple of tags you need to set, but nothing major (I just copied them from an .svs  Image I had lying around to start with). I know Ben is very particular on licences and such and only puts stuff in to OpenSlide he’s sure about licencing (so he would have an opinion there). Before Aperio got bought by Leica it was a very open company and described the format on a webpage (which I can’t find now). My opinion is that if the format is openly described it’s fair game to use.

>> And btw I think you just send your mail to me and Dmitry and not the openslide maillist!

Oops – this reply copied to the list (hoping that’s ok) as I’m sure Ben will have an opinion on .svs  licencing!

D..