[WinError 127] ("The specified procedure could not be found.")

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Apr 10 18:33:39 EDT 2016

On Sat, Apr 09, 2016 at 04:58:59PM +0200, Kai Wiechen via openslide-users wrote:
> I am trying to get openslide working using the python interface. I have
> downloaded the latest Windows binaries (64 bit) and placed the folder
> openslide/bin in $PATH. The openslide_python-1.1.0-cp34-none-win_amd64.whl
> was installed within WinPython-64bit-3.4.4.1Qt5.
>
> The "import openslide" statement results in:
>
> OSError: [WinError 127] Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden

Hi Kai,

Try running one of the utility programs in the openslide/bin directory.  If
it works, the problem is related to the Python bindings.  Otherwise, the
problem is in OpenSlide or its dependencies.  For example, does
"openslide-show-properties <path-to-slide-file>" produce any output?

What version of Windows are you running?