Compiling error

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Fri May 29 18:21:25 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-29 18:04, David Gutman wrote:
> I'm having a similar issue on ubuntu 14.04
>
> It's not finding the openjpeg2/openjpeg libraries... but I installed
> the system versions
>
> <<<THESE ARE ALL INSTALLED >>
> libopenjpeg-dev - development files for libopenjpeg2, a JPEG 2000
> image library
> libopenjpeg2 - JPEG 2000 image compression/decompression library

The libopenjpeg2 package isn't actually OpenJPEG 2.x, it's OpenJPEG 1.3.
  (Debian and Ubuntu include a library's soname version in its package
name.)  1.3 doesn't include a pkg-config file, but the OpenSlide
configure script has some fallback handling for this case:

> checking for OPENJPEG2... no
> checking for OPENJPEG... no
> checking for OpenJPEG (fallback)... yes

So configure is, in fact, finding OpenJPEG.