Help regarding Open slide platform

Dr Spoorthi BR drspoorti at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 05:55:10 EDT 2014

Respected Sir,
I am Dr Spoorthi Banavar Ravi, form INDIA. I am a Pathologist by profession. I came across your Open slide platform for digital Slides and tried on it. its Fantastic !
I have few doubts regarding its use, please Sir if you can help me it would be great help.

1. First of all, we do not have any dedicated slide scanners to obtain digital slides. But out of my interest in imaging and its formats i tried using Image editing software like adobe Photoshop to merge different photomicrographs captured to create seamless digital image of entire tissue section.

2. Once created i can save it as either Zoomify format (Zoomable web based file) or simple TIFF format.

3. But i tried opening it in Open slide, but in vain.

is there any chance of opening these formats in Open slide? or any other application ? please help us. as we can’t afford expensive slide scanners.

Thanking You Sir.

Dr Spoorthi Banavar Ravi