Sakura VisionTek test data

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 26 21:05:21 EDT 2014

On 06/26/2014 01:06 PM, Jonathan Henriksen wrote:
> I noticed on your desired test data page
> (https://github.com/openslide/openslide/wiki/DesiredTestData) that you
> seek freely-redistributable Sakura VisionTek example slides.
>
> I can provide some examples. Do you have any specific requirements?

Hi Jonathan,

That would be great!  Anything you could give us would be useful.
Ideally, we'd like multiple slides demonstrating every major feature of
the format, including full and partial scans and multiple Z-planes.  If
there are additional features of interest (JPEG 2000/JPEG XR/PNG image
compression, fluorescence imaging, varying magnification/objective
power, etc.), samples of those would be helpful too.  The slide content
doesn't matter very much, so long as there's a reasonable amount of
detail (so we can check for tiling problems, etc.).

If possible, we would like to include the samples in our public
openslide-testdata dataset.  That does require a bit of additional
paperwork; I'll email you separately about that.

Thanks,