Extracting bar code label and overview image from MRXS slide

Tom N. ca95129 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 31 09:33:07 EDT 2014

Hi Benjamin,

Thank for the pointer. I explored my MRXS slides and found 3 associated
gray scale images embedded (they are called "label", "macro" and
"thumbnail") and could extract them to JPG format with vips
--associated. These images are exactly the same as I could extract them
using the manufacturer's viewer. However, the one extracted using vips
is slightly red and not gray as the one extracted using Windows based
program from the manufacturer. See attached comparison of one example. I
have not explored further with other options and arguments of vips, just
post here to see if it's a known fact.

Thanks.
Tom