About the format .mrxs

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 23 18:31:14 EST 2014

On 01/23/2014 02:46 PM, 于磊 wrote:
> Recently, I have read your explanation about .mrxs format. You wrote in
> the document that "Index.dat begins with a version string and a UUID.
> Immediately after that are two 4-byte pointer values." However, I'm not
> sure how many byte they occupy respectively.

The MIRAX description is intended to be an introduction to the format,
not a specification.  I do not know of any publicly-available specification.

In this instance, you can answer your question by examining the first
ten lines of Slidedat.ini and the first hundred bytes of Index.dat, or
by reading src/openslide-vendor-mirax.c or misc/parse-mirax.py in the
OpenSlide source tree.