Install advice?

Mark Ungrin mdungrin at ucalgary.ca
Tue Jan 14 00:21:39 EST 2014

When I do that I get the same slide view page I get with deepzoom, but
it has no content. The left side says View and under that Slide, and
under that Associated images, and under that (where using deepzoom I see
"label / macro / thumbnail") it says "None". The main view screen is
black with a small white "null" in the centre (the four buttons in the
lower right are still there), and on the right under Slide properties it
says "None".

The code in the wsgi file is:

> import os, sys
> sys.path.append('/var/www/slidetest')
>
> from slidedeck import app as application
>
> application.config.update({
>     'SLIDE_DIR': '/var/www/slidetest/openslide_testdata/',
>     'DEBUG': True,
> })

If I also remove the sys.path.append from line 2 then I get the generic
server error page instead.

Thanks

Mark

On 1/13/2014 8:09 PM, Benjamin Gilbert wrote:
> On 01/13/2014 07:49 PM, Mark Ungrin wrote:
>> If I remove the _setup stuff, slidedeck runs fine but does not find any
>> images to load. Putting _setup back and running with
>> @app.before_first_request commented out does not appear to change
>> anything. Neither of these throws an error in the apache log.
> Okay, so _setup() wasn't the problem.  To be clear, if you uncomment
> @app.before_first_request and have a deepzoom.wsgi containing:
>
> import os, sys
> from slidedeck import app as application
> application.config.update({
>      'SLIDE_DIR': '/var/www/slidetest',
> })
>
> the index page loads and says "Available Slides: None"?
>
> --Benjamin Gilbert

Dr. Mark Ungrin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Comparative Biology & Experimental Medicine
HMRB 320, 3330 Hospital Drive NW
Calgary, AB  T2N 4N1
University of Calgary, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine

Email: mark.ungrin at ucalgary.ca
http://www.ucalgary.ca/ungrinlab

office: 403.210.6203
cell: 403.561.6817
lab: 403.210.6545
fax:    403.210.8821

The information contained in this e-mail is only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is intended. Its contents (including any attachments) are confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete and destroy the message and all copies.