Slidedeck.py question

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 31 16:14:26 EDT 2012

On 10/31/2012 02:05 PM, JianJiong Gao wrote:
> We are very
> interested to use openslide for visualize tissue images on our website.

Great!

(Note that SlideDeck is sort of a quick-and-dirty application. If you
want to integrate slide viewing into a public website, you may want to
write some custom HTML and server-side glue, using SlideDeck and
deepzoom_server.py as examples.)

> I tried to deploy slidedeck on my mac, following this thread
> (http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/openslide-users/2012-October/000475.html),
> but I got the following error when I ran python slidedeck.py <svs folder>
>
> OSError: dlopen(libopenslide.0.dylib, 6): image not found

OpenSlide Python is just the Python interface to the OpenSlide library.
  You also need OpenSlide itself.  The easiest way to install it on a
Mac is to install the openslide package from MacPorts:

     http://www.macports.org/