NDPI format and NDPITools

Alvaro Gonzalez agonzalez at kanteron.com
Mon Oct 1 13:16:12 EDT 2012

Hi there,

I've been invistigating around the mailing list for support on the NDPI
format the Hamamatsu Nanozoomer throws. I've seen some work around it
and, AFAIK, there's no support on Openslide, and, I think, no work
currently going on (please correct me if I'm wrong).

We are using for that means NDPITools [1] , that's opensource (although
I don't see any link providing source on their webpage), works mostly
fine and it does even extract Z Levels.

Problem is it does only one thing: extracting images. AFAIK, no metadata
is provided so it's of little help for our PACS importing software, and
we don't get the scanning power or MPPs por creating ROIs later.

Have any of you some contact with this proyect or their source so it
could merge with Openslide, and/or any way of extracting metadata from
NDPI files?

1.- http://www.imnc.in2p3.fr/pagesperso/deroulers/software/ndpitools/