Difficulty installing libvips library

Sriram Somanchi ssomanch at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 19 22:43:06 EST 2012

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a right place to post these questions. If not
please direct me to right place.

I am trying to install libvips(7.30) library and I get error saying
"../libvips/.libs/libvips.so: undefined reference to
`pango_font_map_create_context' ". So I try installing libpango (1.30)
library and that gives me error  "../pango/pango-enum-types.h:12:9: error:
macro names must be identifiers". I am guessing this last error is due to my
glib, but I'm not sure how to fix this. I tried bunch of options of
installing older versions (<1.20) of libpango, they get installed however my
installation with libvips still fails with same error. Please help!

Thanks,

Sriram