openslide-python in debian

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Jul 29 18:37:55 EDT 2012

On 07/28/2012 09:42 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>    I am going to package openslide-python for debian:
> http://bugs.debian.org/683077

Great!

It's worth noting that OpenSlide Python's API is not yet stable.  In
fact, the next release will be API-incompatible with the current one.

>    I am starring at the jquery.js copy shipped within the example tree.
> It mentions
>
> Copyright 2011, The Dojo Foundation
>
>    However according to upstream it should state: "Copyright (c) 2009 John Resig"

The copy shipped in the openslide-python examples directory was
downloaded from the jQuery website and added to the repository without
modification.  Newer versions of jQuery have a smaller license block
with just a URL:

     http://jquery.org/license/

and that page repeats the Dojo Foundation claim.  This page:

     http://docs.jquery.com/Release:jQuery_1.3#Overview

claims that Sizzle was donated to the Dojo Foundation, so it appears to
me that Sizzle's LICENSE file is out of date.