Zeiss ZVI file format support development for OpenSlide

Alexandre Kharlamov kharlamovalexandre at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 02:25:56 EDT 2012

On 07/19/12 04:57, Benjamin Gilbert wrote:
>> l propose this approach that does not require changes in API:
>> Every single image in the file gets a level id, unless it's a part of
>> mosaic.
> No.  That's a hack.
How about this: the reported levels_count will stay as it were,
the raw access to the images will only start beyond that number and
the total number of images available (not including every tile in a
mosaic, of course) will only be reported as part of metadata together
with additional description for each image id. No change to API is needed.
Project is moving forward. Isn't that what we all want?

Besides, I can't think of any better solution. Creating separate
function for
time, focal, and any other possible dimension is pointless. Besides, as I
understand, ZVI file can store totally unrelated images in one file, just as
a package. If you have a better idea, please, don't hesitate to propose it.

Best regards,

-Alexandre Kharlamov