Multiplane and fluorescence API design

Yves Sucaet sucaet at histogenex.com
Tue Jul 10 11:38:08 EDT 2012

Hi Alexandre,

ZVI is used for a variety of things. You can have z-stacks, or merged
files. You can also have mosaic-files, which are essentially tiled (and
rather labor-intensive to create as well). Each tile again may have
mutiple channels and planes.

BUT, to the knowledge of the image analysts I consulted today: ZVI should
not be a pyramidal format.

Also: after installation of AxioVision you'll find a host of COM-objects.
It may be worth playing around with these (Any version of Visual Studio
will do, or even Office VBA), just to see how they organize their API.

Yves