Hamamatsu and Mirax

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 10 14:35:10 EST 2012

On 12/07/2012 03:13 AM, Priv.-Doz. Dr. M. Weihrauch wrote:
> I would like to know, if all Hamamatsu and Mirax-formats will be
> supported in the near future. Our University unfortunately uses
> different scanners, thus I have to handle different file-formats...

Is there a particular variant you're concerned about?

These Hamamatsu and MIRAX variants are known *not* to be supported:

- Fluorescence images (bug #42)
- Hamamatsu NDPI (#49)
- MIRAX slides with CURRENT_SLIDE_VERSION < 1.9 (#96)
- MIRAX slides with PNG- and BMP-formatted tiles (#110)

I cannot predict when they will be supported.  If a particular feature
is important to you, the best way to get it is to have an experienced
programmer work with the community to contribute it to OpenSlide.