Reading at different layers

ajwood at mta.ca ajwood at mta.ca
Wed Jun 29 15:36:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm wondering what sort of documentation exists on how to use the downsampled
layers that exist in virtual slides (I'm reading MIRAX data).

I followed the example in tools/openslide-write-png.c without really
understanding how it worked. I've had good success but recently came across a
slide where the top of my tissue sample gets clipped on layers <= 8. The
temporary fix was to subtract 1000 from "yy" before entering
"while(lines_to_draw)", which shifted my reading area up to include the whole
sample. Could someone either explain the layer/coordinate system, or point me
to where I could read about it?

Thanks,

Andrew