OpenSlide + Zoomify?

Cooper, Peter Peter.Cooper at ucsf.edu
Wed Jan 26 16:02:58 EST 2011

Elena,

Quite right, no C++ required. I had considered doing an image conversion to TIFF from JPEG or JPEG2000, or any of the other formats. My lab Zeiss system produces ancillary support files which I would like to bring along with the image, and I was thinking of displaying those, as one can currently display the image properties. It is something to think about, but the side by side display I think is more important.

Converting an image to TIFF has the advantage of keeping the original image pristine, and would not require any modification at all (I hope) to Openslide. Can you see any problems there?

Peter Cooper