trac tickets and alternative build system

Adam Goode agoode at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue May 4 13:49:44 EDT 2010

On 05/04/2010 12:55 PM, Hauke Heibel wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Adam Goode <agoode at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>> I should have time later this week to have a look.
>
> Take your time. So far I managed to compile the library as well as the
> test program under MSVC 2010 (64bit) and Cygwin (32bit only). I did
> not yet try the 32bit version of MSVC 2010 but it should work as well.
>

> Even though there is a core dump I am quite excited. It's a good starting point.
>
> Configuring the installation part and the test program properly is
> still on my TODO list.

Nice! Looking good. I've looked a little at your changes. I fixed up the
casts in my tree, you should try merging or rebasing your stuff on top
of master.

I guess one question is how to implement the constructor the way gcc
does. I know it works on Windows with gcc, so I just need to figure out
how it does it.

Did you try building with msys/mingw? It should have much better
performance and compatibility over Cygwin.

Adam