Xenserver

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 23 17:09:44 EDT 2013

On 08/23/2013 02:01 PM, Peter Chan wrote:
> I am using Xenserver and Xenclient to host and access virtual machines.
> The Olive project create yourVMNetX client and server to host and access
> VMs. Do you mind tell me the advantage of using your approach as compare
> to mine?

Hi Peter,

 From the perspective of long-term preservation, we believe it's
important to build our system entirely from open-source software.  There
is no guarantee that XenClient will be available even five years from
now, or that it will continue to supply the required functionality at an
acceptable price.  The KVM/qemu/libvirt virtualization stack is
developed by a diverse community, is controlled by no single entity, and
can be modified or extended if necessary to better support our requirements.

--Benjamin Gilbert