Replication : IMAP_PROTOCOL_ERROR Protocol error

Jean Charles Delépine delepine at u-picardie.fr
Thu Sep 24 09:36:16 EDT 2020

Jean Charles Delépine <delepine at u-picardie.fr> écrivait (wrote) :

> Hello,
>
> I'm on the way to migrate one quite big murder config with Cyrus IMAP
> 3.0.8-Debian-3.0.8-6+deb10u4
> to Cyrus IMAP 3.2.3-Debian-3.2.3-1~bpo10+1.
>
> My plan is to replicate 3.0.8's backends on 3.2.3 ones. This plan has work
> before for 2.5
> to 3.0. migration.
>
> Il can replicate empty mailboxes. So the conf (attached) seems ok.
> But if the mailbox isn't empty here's the result (completes traces attached) :

The conf might not be _that_ ok.

If the option conversation is set to 1 and I create new mailboxes, ond
send mails to this mailboxes, no sync of these mailboxes is possible.

If I remove the option 'conversation: 1', any new populated mailboxes can
be sync.

So, the problem seems to be in this option.

But even after removing "conversation: 1" and zeroed conversation indexes
(ctl_conversationsdb -z), the old "bad" mailboxes can't be synced. Even
removing their .conversations and .counters files doesn't help.

Can I, and how can I,  get rid of those conversation indexes in order to have
my mailboxes being "as if there never been conversation" ?

Sincerly,
      Jean charles Delépine