Cyrus IMAP 3.2.0 released

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon May 11 04:45:41 EDT 2020

Quoting ellie timoney <ellie at fastmail.com>:

> Hi Marco,
>
>> But it really seems that the LD_PRELOAD or the syslog.so doesn't
>> work for me.
>
> Thanks for including that detail.  Hopefully someone familiar with
> RedHat can chime in with some insight into the LD_PRELOAD issue!  At
> a guess, "preventing library injection from intercepting syslog
> calls" might be a security default of some sort.

RedHat systems use SELinux by default and SELinux has the habit to
block access to files, sockets, ... Especial if software from
non-Redhat repos is used.

SELinux logs to /var/log/audit/audit.log, but these logs are not easy
to understand, therefor I often use audit2allow to see which SELinux
permissions are missing.

# cat /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow

You can change SELinux temporary to permissive mode so that the log will
indicate all missing permissions and not only the first few.

# setenforce 0

Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen