Cyrus IMAP 3.2.0 released

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Tue May 5 20:15:24 EDT 2020

Hi Marco,

> I work with
> https://github.com/cyrusimap/cassandane/archive/00bfe0109f80437ed09154aca9fbd53eef8f1b09.tar.gz
> This cassandane release works pretty with 3.0.12. I didn't find build
> changes in Release notes for 3.2.0...

We don't do releases of Cassandane.  That thing is just a snapshot that github generated at some point, not a "release".  I checked the git commit that snapshot was generated from, and it's nearly 2 years old? I'm not surprised that 3.2.0 fails lots of those tests -- they've never been updated to expect 3.2.0's behaviour.

Cassandane is designed to be run from a git clone, and if you're using it, you should generally keep it up to date.  It is kept generally backwards compatible, because I use it for testing new releases from old branches. You don't need different versions of it for testing different versions of Cyrus, you need the most recent version of it so that you have the most-accurate and most-thorough tests currently available.

Cheers,

ellie